ATSC

(redirected from ATSC tuner)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

ATSC

abbr.
Advanced Television Systems Committee
References in periodicals archive ?
Equipped with 2 HDMI ports, VGA, and an ATSC tuner, Storm televisions can display content from many sources.
In the LCD segment, market dynamics have driven a slightly different outcome, with 73 percent of LCD units shipping with an integrated or bundled ATSC tuner and the remaining 27 percent are LCD television displays.
Featuring sophisticated design, a fully integrated ATSC tuner for high definition reception and built-in SD and CableCARD slot, the VIERA line features contrast ratios from 3000:1 to 4000:1 for brilliant, razor-sharp pictures.
While performing the component evaluation for the ATSC tuner, it was critical for us to select high performance, low power, low cost and compatibility with a demodulator partner, said Grant Hall, Nuvyyo Chief Executive Officer.
This television boasts 1,920-by-1,080 progressive scanning resolution, built-in digital ATSC tuner and CableCARD compatibility, 176-degree viewing angle and the Anynet chip.
Additionally, the HDTV features native on-screen contrast ratio of up to 4000:1 (without use of electromechanical or auto-iris compensation), an ultra-fine pitch matte finish screen, dynamic temperature compensation, patented uniformity correction technology and 12 inputs including HDMI, ATSC tuner, HD-component and VGA.
Viewers can also view THE TUBE Music Network free, over-the-air with an ATSC tuner (sometimes referred to as a digital or HD tuner) and an antenna.
With a built-in ATSC tuner and multiple HD connectors, both models have access to over-the-air HDTV, high-definition (HD) content such as broadcast sports, and consumers can also watch DVD movies, surf the Internet, play HD-video games and view digital pictures.
1), today announced its new LCD HDTV, model LTV-37w2, featuring an integrated ATSC tuner to display over-the-air high-definition digital signals, the company's innovative SpineDesign(TM), and five HD input connectors.
Calderon continued: "The LTV 37LS, with its ATSC Tuner, built-in 10 W + 10 W bottom-mounted speakers and prominent large-screen display is home theater perfection.
The 32-inch model will ship with a DIRECTV MPEG4 TV module consisting of a DIRECTV HD Tuner, ATSC tuner, component video, composite video, S-video and HDMI inputs.