love feast(redirected from Agape feast)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. A meal shared among early Christians as a symbol of love.
b. A similar symbolic meal among certain modern Christian sects.
2. A gathering intended to promote goodwill among the participants.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) Also called: agape (among the early Christians) a religious meal eaten with others as a sign of mutual love and fellowship
2. a ritual meal modelled upon this
1. a meal eaten together in token of brotherly love and charity.
2. a gathering to promote good feeling.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||love feast - a social gathering intended to create goodwill among the participants|
|2.||love feast - a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship|