scrubber(redirected from Air scrubber)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
One that scrubs, especially:
a. One who cleans floors, for example, by scrubbing.
b. A brush, appliance, or abrasive that is used in cleaning.
c. An apparatus that is used for removing impurities from a gas.
1. a person or thing that scrubs
2. (Chemical Engineering) an apparatus for purifying a gas
3. derogatory slang Brit and Austral a promiscuous woman
(Animals) Austral a domestic animal, esp a bullock, that has run wild in the bush
1. a machine or appliance used in scrubbing.
2. a device for removing pollutants from smoke produced by burning high-sulfur fuels.
3. a person who scrubs.
Equipment curbing air pollution by removing toxic gases from chimneys; used in power stations burning fossil fuels.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||scrubber - a worker who uses a scrub brush to clean a surface (usually a floor or deck)|
worker - a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
|2.||scrubber - a brush with short stiff bristles for heavy cleaning|
brush - an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
|3.||scrubber - a purifier that removes impurities from a gas|
purifier - an apparatus for removing impurities
n (Brit inf) → (billiges) Flittchen (inf)