aba(redirected from American Bankers Association)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to American Bankers Association: American Institute of Banking
A city of southern Nigeria northeast of Port Harcourt. It is an important market and transportation center.
1. American Bankers Association
2. American Bar Association
3. American Booksellers Association
4. American Basketball Association
1. A fabric woven of the hair of camels or goats.
2. A loose-fitting sleeveless garment made of this fabric or of wool, traditionally worn by Arabs.
3. See abaya.
1. (Textiles) a type of cloth from Syria, made of goat hair or camel hair
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a sleeveless outer garment of such cloth
1. (Boxing) (in Britain) Amateur Boxing Association
2. (Journalism & Publishing) American Booksellers Association
a•ba(əˈbɑ, ˈɑ bə)
n., pl. a•bas.
1. a coarse fabric woven of camel's or goat's hair.
2. a loose, sleeveless outer garment made of this fabric or of silk, worn by Arabs.
[1805–15; < Arabic ‘abā'(ah)]
a town in SE Nigeria. 264,000.
1. Amateur Boxing Association.
2. American Badminton Association.
3. American Bankers Association.
4. American Bar Association.
5. American Basketball Association.
6. American Book Award.
7. American Booksellers Association.
8. Associate in Business Administration.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||aba - a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs|
|2.||aba - a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair|