Chardonnay(redirected from Arboisier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Char·don·nayalso char·don·nay (shär′dn-ā′, shär′dn-ā′)
1. A variety of grape originally grown in the Burgundy region of France that is used to make white wine, including champagne.
2. A dry white wine made from this grape.
[Probably after Chardonnay, village in east-central France.]
n (sometimes not capital)
1. (Brewing) a white grape originally grown in the Burgundy region of France, and now throughout the wine-producing world
2. (Brewing) any of various white wines made from this grape
1. a white grape used in winemaking.
2. a dry white wine made from this grape.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Chardonnay - white wine grape|
Pinot Chardonnay, Chardonnay - dry white table wine resembling Chablis but made from Chardonnay grapes
|2.||Chardonnay - dry white table wine resembling Chablis but made from Chardonnay grapes|
white wine - pale yellowish wine made from white grapes or red grapes with skins removed before fermentation