arboreal(redirected from Arboreal animal)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Arboreal animal: arboreality
1. Relating to or resembling a tree.
2. Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.
[From Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.]
1. (Forestry) of, relating to, or resembling a tree
2. (Zoology) living in or among trees: arboreal monkeys.
ar•bo•re•al(ɑrˈbɔr i əl, -ˈboʊr-)
1. of or pertaining to trees; treelike.
2. living in or among trees.
3. adapted for living or moving about in trees, as the long arm of a monkey.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||arboreal - of or relating to or formed by trees; "an arborous roof"|
|2.||arboreal - inhabiting or frequenting trees; "arboreal apes"|
nonarboreal - not inhabiting or frequenting trees
|3.||arboreal - resembling a tree in form and branching structure; "arborescent coral found off the coast of Bermuda"; "dendriform sponges"|
arborescent, arboresque, arboriform, dendriform, dendroid, dendroidal, treelike, tree-shaped, arboreous
branchy - having many branches; "a branchy tree trunk"