Aristotelian(redirected from Aristotelians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Ar·is·to·te·li·analso Ar·is·to·te·le·an (ăr′ĭ-stə-tē′lē-ən, -tēl′yən, ə-rĭs′tə-)
Of or relating to Aristotle or to his philosophy.
1. A follower of Aristotle or his teachings.
2. A person whose thinking and methods tend to be empirical, scientific, or commonsensical.
1. (Philosophy) of or relating to Aristotle or his philosophy
2. (Philosophy) (of a philosophical position) derived from that of Aristotle, or incorporating such of his major doctrines as the distinctions between matter and form, and substance and accident, or the primacy of individuals over universals
(Philosophy) a follower of Aristotle
or Ar•is•to•te•lean(ˌær ə stəˈtil yən, -ˈti li ən, əˌrɪs tə-)
1. of or based on Aristotle or his theories.n.
2. a follower of Aristotle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Aristotelian - a follower of Aristotle or an adherent of Aristotelianism|
|Adj.||1.||Aristotelian - of or relating to Aristotle or his philosophy; "Aristotelean logic"|