Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Armenian: Armenian Church, Armenian alphabet, Armenian language, Armenian Genocide, Armenian People
Of or relating to Armenia or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Armenia.
b. A person of Armenian ancestry.
2. The Indo-European language of the Armenians.
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Armenia or an Armenian-speaking person elsewhere
2. (Languages) the language of the Armenians: an Indo-European language probably belonging to the Thraco-Phrygian branch, but containing many non-Indo-European elements
3. (Christian Churches, other) an adherent of the Armenian Church or its doctrines
4. (Placename) of or relating to Armenia, its inhabitants, their language, or the Armenian Church
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Armenia, its inhabitants, their language, or the Armenian Church
6. (Languages) of or relating to Armenia, its inhabitants, their language, or the Armenian Church
7. (Christian Churches, other) of or relating to Armenia, its inhabitants, their language, or the Armenian Church
Ar•me•ni•an(ɑrˈmi ni ən, -ˈmin yən)
1. a member of a people native to Armenia, now living in many countries of the world.
2. the Indo-European language of the Armenians. Abbr.: Armadj.
3. of or pertaining to Armenia, the Armenians, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Armenian - a native or inhabitant of Armenia |
Armenia, Hayastan, Republic of Armenia - a landlocked republic in southwestern Asia; formerly an Asian soviet; modern Armenia is but a fragment of ancient Armenia which was one of the world's oldest civilizations; throughout 2500 years the Armenian people have been invaded and oppressed by their neighbors
|2.||Armenian - the Indo-European language spoken predominantly in Armenia, but also in Azerbaijan|
|3.||Armenian - a writing system having an alphabet of 38 letters in which the Armenian language is written|
alphabet - a character set that includes letters and is used to write a language
|Adj.||1.||Armenian - of or pertaining to Armenia or the people or culture of Armenia|
người Armeniathuộc nước/người/tiếng Armeniatiếng Armenia
1. adj → armeno/a
2. n (person) → armeno/a; (language) → armeno