artwork(redirected from ArtWorks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A work of art, such as a painting or sculpture.
2. Work in the graphic or plastic arts.
3. An illustrative and decorative element, such as a line drawing or photograph, used in a printed work, such as a book.
(Journalism & Publishing) all the original nontextual matter in a publication, esp the illustrations
1. the production of artistic or craft objects.
2. an object or objects so produced.
a. the elements that constitute a mechanical, as type, proofs, and illustrations.
b. a mechanical; paste-up.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||artwork - photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication; "the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"|
publication - a copy of a printed work offered for distribution
visual communication - communication that relies on vision
illustration - artwork that helps make something clear or attractive
drawing - an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper; "it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7"