Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A legendary British hero, said to have been king of the Britons in the sixth century ad and to have held court at Camelot.
1. (European Myth & Legend) a legendary king of the Britons in the sixth century ad, who led Celtic resistance against the Saxons: possibly based on a historical figure; represented as leader of the Knights of the Round Table at Camelot
2. (Biography) Chester Alan. 1830–86, 21st president of the US (1881–85)
3. not know whether one is Arthur or Martha informal Austral and NZ to be in a state of confusion
1. Chester Alan, 1830–86, 21st president of the U.S. 1881–85.
2. a legendary king of Britain, whose life was based on the exploits of one or more historical figures of the 6th century a.d.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Arthur - elected vice president and became 21st President of the United States when Garfield was assassinated (1830-1886)|
|2.||Arthur - a legendary king of the Britons (possibly based on a historical figure in the 6th century but the story has been retold too many times to be sure); said to have led the Knights of the Round Table at Camelot|