atomicity(redirected from Atomicity (database systems))
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The state of being composed of atoms.
a. The number of atoms in a molecule.
1. (Atomic Physics) the state of being made up of atoms
2. (Chemistry) the number of atoms in the molecules of an element
3. (Chemistry) a less common name for valency
at•o•mic•i•ty(ˌæt əˈmɪs ɪ ti)
1. the number of atoms in a molecule of a gas.
The atomicity of an element is the number of atoms in one molecule of the element