Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
(of US military aircraft) abbreviation for
(Military) bomber: B-52.
n., pl. Bs B's, bs b's.
1. the second letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2. any spoken sound represented by this letter.
3. something shaped like a B.
4. a written or printed representation of the letter B or b.
1. the second in order or in a series.
2. (sometimes l.c.) a grade or mark indicating that academic work, a product, etc., is good but not of the highest quality.
3. a major blood group. See ABO system.
a. the seventh tone of the ascending C major scale.
b. a tonality having B as the tonic.
6. magnetic induction.
7. a designation for a motion picture made on a low budget.
3. Baseball. base; baseman.
7. blend of; blended.
(in designations of aircraft) bomber: B-29.