Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Babylonia or Babylon or their people, culture, or language.
2. Characterized by a luxurious, pleasure-seeking, and often immoral way of life.
1. A native or inhabitant of Babylon or Babylonia.
2. The form of Akkadian used in Babylonia.
1. (Historical Terms) an inhabitant of ancient Babylon or Babylonia
2. (Languages) the extinct language of Babylonia, belonging to the E Semitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family: a dialect of Akkadian
3. (Historical Terms) of, relating to, or characteristic of ancient Babylon or Babylonia, its people, or their language
4. decadent or depraved
Bab•y•lo•ni•an(ˌbæb əˈloʊ ni ən, -ˈloʊn yən)
1. of or pertaining to Babylon or Babylonia.
2. extremely luxurious.
3. wicked; sinful.n.
4. a native or inhabitant of ancient Babylon or Babylonia.
5. the dialect of Akkadian spoken in Babylonia.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Babylonian - an inhabitant of ancient Babylon|
Semite - a member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Middle East and northern Africa
Sumerian - a member of a people who inhabited ancient Sumer
|2.||Babylonian - the ideographic and syllabic writing system in which the ancient Babylonian language was written|
cuneiform - an ancient wedge-shaped script used in Mesopotamia and Persia
Babylon - the chief city of ancient Mesopotamia and capital of the ancient kingdom of Babylonia
|Adj.||1.||Babylonian - of or relating to the city of Babylon or its people or culture; "Babylonian religion"|