Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Baluchi: Balochistan
Ba·lu·chi(bə-lo͞o′chē) also Ba·lo·chi (-lō′chē)
n. pl. Baluchi or Ba·lu·chis also Balochi or Ba·lo·chis
1. or Baluch also Baloch A member of a traditionally nomadic Muslim people of Baluchistan.
2. The Iranian language of the Baluchi.
[Ultimately (partly via , Persian Urdu ) from Balochi balōč, Baluchi.]
npl -chis or -chi
1. (Peoples) a member of a Muslim people living chiefly in coastal Pakistan and Iran
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the West Iranian branch of the Indo-European family
3. (Placename) of or relating to Baluchistan, its inhabitants, or their language
4. (Languages) of or relating to Baluchistan, its inhabitants, or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Baluchistan, its inhabitants, or their language
n., pl. -lu•chis also -luch•es.
1. a member of a people of S Asia, living primarily in Baluchistan and Afghanistan.
2. the Iranian language of the Baluchis.
[1610–20; < Persian]