beauty contest(redirected from Beauty pagent)
Also found in: Financial.
1. A contest in which a number of people, especially women or girls, are judged with regard to their physical beauty and often their talent or personality, usually with a single winner.
2. A competition or comparison based primarily on external or superficial factors: an election that proved to be little more than a beauty contest.
1. a competition in which the participants, usually women, are judged on their attractiveness, with a prize, and often a title, awarded to the winner
2. informal any contest decided on the basis of superficial attractiveness, popularity, etc: the referendum might turn into a party political beauty contest.
1. a competition in which the entrants, usu. women, are judged as to physical beauty and sometimes personality and talent.
2. a contest, as a presidential primary, that is decided by popular vote.