Polish Corridor(redirected from Before Polish Corridor)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Polish Corridor in gray; Germany in green; free city of Danzig in green with hatching
A strip of land between the German territories of Pomerania and East Prussia, awarded to Poland by the Treaty of Versailles (1919) to afford access to the Baltic Sea. After years of friction over control of the area, Germany invaded Poland (1939) and quickly captured the Polish Corridor, triggering World War II and ending the Corridor's existence as a distinct geographical entity.
(Placename) the strip of land through E Pomerania providing Poland with access to the sea (1919–39), given to her in 1919 in the Treaty of Versailles, and separating East Prussia from the rest of Germany. It is now part of Poland
a strip of land near the mouth of the Vistula River: formerly separated Germany from East Prussia; given to Poland in the Treaty of Versailles 1919 to provide it with access to the Baltic.