Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
(Biography) the Black Prince See Edward21
1. Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall ( “The Black Prince” ), 1330–76, English military leader (son of Edward III).
2. Lake, a lake in central Africa, between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a source of the Nile. 830 sq. mi. (2150 sq. km).
1. Edward I, ( “Edward Longshanks” ) 1239–1307, king of England 1272–1307 (son of Henry III).
2. Edward II, 1284–1327, king of England 1307–27 (son of Edward I).
3. Edward III, 1312–77, king of England 1327–77 (son of Edward II).
4. Edward IV, 1442–83, king of England 1461–70, 1471–83: 1st king of the house of York.
5. Edward V, 1470–83, king of England 1483 (son of Edward IV).
6. Edward VI, 1537–53, king of England 1547–53 (son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour).
7. Edward VII, (Albert Edward) ( “the Peacemaker” ) 1841–1910, king of Great Britain and Ireland 1901–10 (son of Queen Victoria).
8. Edward VIII, (Duke of Windsor) 1894–1972, king of Great Britain 1936: abdicated (son of George V; brother of George VI).