blockbuster(redirected from Blockbuster (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. Something, such as a film or book, that sustains widespread popularity and achieves enormous sales.
2. A large, powerful bomb used especially in air raids on cities.
3. One that engages in the practice of blockbusting.
[Sense 3, from blockbusting.]
1. (Military) a large bomb used to demolish extensive areas or strengthened targets
2. a very successful, effective, or forceful person, thing, etc
3. a lavish film, show, novel, etc, that proves to be an outstanding popular success
1. a huge aerial demolition bomb.
2. a motion picture, novel, etc. that has wide popular appeal or financial success.
3. a person or thing that is overwhelmingly impressive, effective, or influential.
4. one who practices blockbusting.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blockbuster - a large bomb used to demolish extensive areas (as a city block)|
|2.||blockbuster - an unusually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel)|
hit, smasher, smash, bang, strike - a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"