beep(redirected from Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
A sound or signal, as from a horn or an electronic device.
v. beeped, beep·ing, beeps
To make a beep.
1. To cause to make a beep: The drivers stuck in traffic beeped their horns.
2. To activate the beeper of (a person) by telephoning its number.
a short high-pitched sound, esp one made by the horn of a car, bicycle, etc, or by electronic apparatus
to make or cause to make such a noise
[C20: of imitative origin]
1. a short, usu. high-pitched tone produced by an automobile horn, electronic device, etc., as a signal or warning.v.i.
2. to make or emit such a sound.v.t.
3. to sound (a horn, warning signal, etc.).
4. to warn, summon, etc., by beeping.
Past participle: beeped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||beep - a short high tone produced as a signal or warning|
sound - the sudden occurrence of an audible event; "the sound awakened them"
|Verb||1.||beep - make a loud noise; "The horns of the taxis blared"|
tootle - play (a musical instrument) casually; "the saxophone player was tootling a sad melody"
|2.||beep - call, summon, or alert with a beeper|