half-blood(redirected from Blood purity)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
half bloodalso half-blood (hăf′blŭd′, häf′-)
a. The relationship existing between persons having only one parent in common.
b. A person existing in such a relationship.
2. Often Offensive A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.
3. A half-blooded domestic animal.
a. the relationship between individuals having only one parent in common
b. an individual having such a relationship
2. (Genetics) a less common name for a half-breed
3. (Genetics) a half-blooded domestic animal
the relation between persons having only one common parent.
1. a person who has only one parent in common with another person, as a half sister or half brother.