bloodsucker(redirected from Bloodsuckers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. An animal, such as a leech, that sucks blood.
2. An extortionist or a blackmailer.
3. A person who is intrusively or overly dependent upon another; a parasite.
1. (Animals) an animal that sucks blood, esp a leech or mosquito
2. a person or thing that preys upon another person, esp by extorting money
1. any animal that sucks blood.
2. an extortioner.
3. sponger (def. 1).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bloodsucker - carnivorous or bloodsucking aquatic or terrestrial worms typically having a sucker at each end|
annelid, annelid worm, segmented worm - worms with cylindrical bodies segmented both internally and externally
Hirudo medicinalis, medicinal leech - large European freshwater leech formerly used for bloodletting
horseleech - any of several large freshwater leeches