Blue Mountains(redirected from Blue Mountains (Australia))
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A range of northeast Oregon and southeast Washington consisting of an uplifted, eroded part of the Columbia Plateau. It rises to 2,776 m (9,106 ft) in Oregon.
2. A range of eastern Jamaica rising to 2,256 m (7,402 ft) at Blue Mountain Peak. It is a coffee-growing area.
1. (Placename) a mountain range in the US, in NE Oregon and SE Washington. Highest peak: Rock Creek Butte, 2773 m (9097 ft)
2. (Placename) a mountain range in the Caribbean, in E Jamaica: Blue Mountain coffee is grown on its slopes. Highest peak: Blue Mountain Peak, 2256 m (7402 ft)
3. (Placename) a plateau in SE Australia, in E New South Wales: part of the Great Dividing Range. Highest part: about 1134 m (3871 ft)
a range of low mountains in NE Oregon and SE Washington.