bluenose(redirected from Bluenose ii)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A puritanical person: "Bluenoses demand restraint against the porn and violence that are the staple of popular culture" (Charles Krauthammer).
2. often Bluenose Canadian A native or inhabitant of Nova Scotia.
1. slang US a puritanical or prudish person
2. (Peoples) (often capital) informal a native or inhabitant of Nova Scotia
1. a puritanical person.
2. (cap.) Canadian. an inhabitant of the Maritime Provinces, esp. of Nova Scotia.