brewing(redirected from Brewing (beer))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. brewed, brew·ing, brews
1. To make (ale or beer) from malt and hops by infusion, boiling, and fermentation.
2. To make (a beverage) by boiling, steeping, or mixing various ingredients: brew tea.
3. To concoct; devise: brew a plot to overthrow the government.
1. To make ale or beer as an occupation.
2. To be made by boiling or steeping: As the coffee brewed, I paced in the kitchen.
3. To be imminent; impend: "storms brewing on every frontier" (John Dos Passos).
a. A beverage made by brewing.
b. A serving of such a beverage.
2. Something produced as if by brewing; a mix: Their politics were a strange brew of idealism and self-interest.
(Brewing) a quantity of a beverage brewed at one time
Brewinga collection of black clouds which signal a storm.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brewing - the production of malt beverages (as beer or ale) from malt and hops by grinding and boiling them and fermenting the result with yeast|
production - (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale; "he introduced more efficient methods of production"