C++(redirected from C with classes)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
A widely used object-oriented programming language based on C.
[From ++, name of an operator in the language, and from the use of the plus sign to indicate enhancement.]
n., pl. Cs C's, cs c's for 1-4.
1. the third letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2. any spoken sound represented by this letter.
3. something shaped like a C.
4. a written or printed representation of the letter C or c.
1. Gram. complement.
4. county (used with a number to designate a county road): C55.
1. the third in order or in a series.
2. (sometimes l.c.) (in some grading systems) a grade or mark indicating fair or average quality.
a. the tonic note of the C major scale.
b. a tonality having C as the tonic.
c. a written or printed note representing this tone.
d. (in the fixed system of solmization) the first tone of the scale of C major, called do.
e. the tonality having C as the tonic note.
f. a symbol indicating quadruple time and appearing after the clef sign on a musical staff.
4. (sometimes l.c.) the Roman numeral for 100.
5. a powerful high-level computer programming language suitable for creating operating systems and complex applications.
11. Also, C-note. Slang. a hundred-dollar bill.
1. Optics. candle.
2. (with a year) about: c1775.
[< Latin circā, circiter, circum]
1. the velocity of light in a vacuum: approximately 186,000 miles per second or 299,793 km per second.
2. the velocity of sound.
2. Optics. candle.
4. Baseball. catcher.
7. Football. center.
13. (with a year) about: c. 1775.
[< Latin circā]
C + +,
a high-level computer programming language, a descendant of C, with the ability to manipulate object-oriented features.