genotype(redirected from CCR5 delta 32 genotype)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The genetic makeup, as distinguished from the physical appearance, of an organism or a group of organisms.
2. The combination of alleles located on homologous chromosomes that determines a specific characteristic or trait.
3. A specific combination of alleles at one or more loci on a chromosome.
gen′o·typ′ic (-tĭp′ĭk), gen′o·typ′i·cal adj.
1. (Genetics) the genetic constitution of an organism
2. (Genetics) a group of organisms with the same genetic constitution
genotypic, ˌgenoˈtypical adj
gen•o•type(ˈdʒɛn əˌtaɪp, ˈdʒi nə-)
1. the genetic makeup of an organism or group of organisms with reference to a single trait or set of traits.
2. the sum total of genes transmitted from parent to offspring. Compare phenotype.
gen`o•typ′ic (-ˈtɪp ɪk) gen`o•typ′i•cal, adj.
The genetic makeup of an organism as distinguished from its physical characteristics. Compare phenotype.
The genetic makeup of an organism.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||genotype - a group of organisms sharing a specific genetic constitution|
biological group - a group of plants or animals
biotype - organisms sharing a specified genotype or the genotype (or peculiarities) so shared
|2.||genotype - the particular alleles at specified loci present in an organism|