cardinalate(redirected from Cardinal (Catholicism))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to Cardinal (Catholicism): Cardinal bird
car·di·nal·ate(kär′dn-ə-lĭt, -lāt′, kärd′nə-)
n. Roman Catholic Church
1. The position, rank, dignity, or term of a cardinal.
2. The College of Cardinals.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) the rank, office, or term of office of a cardinal
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) the cardinals collectively
car•di•nal•ate(ˈkɑr dn lˌeɪt)
1. the body of cardinals.
2. the office, rank, or dignity of a cardinal.