cash out(redirected from Cash out refinancing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Wikipedia.
1. Money in the form of bills or coins; currency.
2. Liquid assets including bank deposits and marketable securities.
3. Money paid in currency or by check: paid in cash.
tr.v. cashed, cash·ing, cash·esPhrasal Verbs:
To exchange for or convert into ready money: cash a check; cash in one's gambling chips.
1. To withdraw from a venture by or as if by settling one's account.
2. Informal To obtain a profit or other advantage by timely exploitation: Profiteers cashed in during the gasoline shortage.
3. Slang To die.
To dispose of a long-held asset for profit: Hard-pressed farmers are tempted to cash out by selling their valuable land.
cash on the barrelhead
Immediate payment: You must pay cash on the barrelhead; we don't offer credit.
[Obsolete French casse, money box (from Norman French; see case2) or from Italian cassa (from Latin capsa, case).]
n. pl. cash
Any of various Asian coins of small denomination, especially a copper and lead coin with a square hole in its center.
[Portuguese caixa, from Tamil kācu, a small coin.]