Caucasoid(redirected from Caucasoids)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Caucasoids: Caucasian race
Of or relating to the Caucasian racial classification. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
(Peoples) denoting, relating to, or belonging to the lighter-complexioned supposed racial group of mankind, which includes the peoples indigenous to Europe, N Africa, SW Asia, and the Indian subcontinent and their descendants in other parts of the world
(Peoples) a member of this racial group
Usage: The word Caucasoid and other words ending in -oid and relating to racial group are controversial scientifically and best avoided
Cau•ca•sian(kɔˈkeɪ ʒən, -ʃən, -ˈkæʒ ən, -ˈkæʃ-)
adj. Also, Cau•cas•ic (kɔˈkæs ɪk, -ˈkæz-)
1. of, designating, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by fair to dark skin, straight to curly hair, and light to very dark eyes and orig. inhabiting Europe, parts of North Africa, W Asia, and India.
2. of the Caucasus region, its peoples, or their culture.
3. of or designating the non-Indo-European, non-Turkic languages spoken by the indigenous peoples of the Caucasus and adjacent areas.n.
4. a person having Caucasian physical characteristics.
5. a native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.