Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One of an ancient Celtic people of northern Spain.
2. The language of this people, known from place and personal names and from inscriptions.
Of or relating to the Celtiberians or to their language or culture.
Celtiberian(ˌkɛltɪˈbɪərɪən; -taɪ-; ˌsɛl-)
1. (Peoples) a member of a Celtic people (Celtiberi) who inhabited the Iberian peninsula during classical times
2. (Historical Terms) a member of a Celtic people (Celtiberi) who inhabited the Iberian peninsula during classical times
3. (Languages) the extinct language of this people, possibly belonging to the Celtic branch of the Indo-European family, recorded in a number of inscriptions
A. ADJ → celtibérico
B. N → celtíbero/a m/f