kiting(redirected from Check Kite)
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Financial.
In kite ABCD, AB = AD and CB = CD.
a. A light framework covered with cloth, plastic, or paper, designed to be flown in the wind at the end of a long string or multiple lines, especially for recreation.
b. A parafoil flown in a similar manner for recreation.
c. A power kite.
2. A quadrilateral with two distinct pairs of congruent, adjacent sides. Also called deltoid.
3. Any of the light sails of a ship that are used only in a light wind.
4. Any of various graceful predatory birds of the family Accipitridae, having long pointed wings and often a forked tail.
5. An instance of check kiting.
v. kit·ed, kit·ing, kites
1. To fly like a kite; soar or glide.
2. To get money or credit with a kite.
To use (a check) in furtherance of a check kiting scheme.
[Middle English, bird of prey, from Old English cȳta.]
(Commerce) another term for kite flying