Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. Chief Executive The President of the United States.
2. A principal executive official, such as the leader of a nation's government or the governor of a state.
(Professions) the person with overall responsibility for the efficient running of a company, organization, etc
1. the president of the United States.
2. (l.c.) the governor of a U.S. state.
3. (l.c.) the head of a government.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Chief Executive - the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government; "the President likes to jog every morning"|
executive branch, Executive Office of the President - the branch of the United States government that is responsible for carrying out the laws
|2.||Chief Executive - the office of the United States head of state; "a President is elected every four years"|