Chihuahua(redirected from Chiuhahas)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Chi·hua·hua 1(chə-wä′wä, chē-)
A city of northern Mexico south of Ciudad Juárez. The capital of the state of Chihuahua, it is a major commercial center for the northern region of the country.
Chi·hua·hua 2(chĭ-wä′wä, -wə)
A dog of a very small breed developed in Mexico, probably from an indigenous breed, having erect pointed ears and a soft usually short-haired coat.
1. (Placename) a state of N Mexico: mostly high plateau; important mineral resources, with many silver mines. Capital: Chihuahua. Pop: 728 000 (2005 est). Area: 247 087 sq km (153 194 sq miles)
2. (Placename) a city in N Mexico, capital of Chihuahua state. Pop: 650 000 (2000 est)
3. (Breeds) a breed of tiny dog originally from Mexico, having short smooth hair, large erect ears, and protruding eyes
Chi•hua•hua(tʃɪˈwɑ wɑ, -wə)
1. a state in N Mexico. 2,793,537; 94,831 sq. mi. (245,610 sq. km).
2. the capital of this state. 516,153.
3. one of a Mexican breed of very small dogs with a rounded head, prominent eyes, and large erect ears.
See also related terms for shock.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Chihuahua - a city in northern Mexico in the state of Chihuahua; commercial center of northern Mexico|
Chihuahua - a state in northern Mexico; mostly high plateau
|2.||Chihuahua - a state in northern Mexico; mostly high plateau|
Chihuahua - a city in northern Mexico in the state of Chihuahua; commercial center of northern Mexico
|3.||Chihuahua - an old breed of tiny short-haired dog with protruding eyes from Mexico held to antedate Aztec civilization|