Chuvash(redirected from Chuvashs)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. Chuvash or Chu·vash·es
1. A member of a people located in the middle Volga River valley, chiefly in Chuvashia.
2. The Turkic language spoken by the Chuvash.
[Russian, from Chuvash čǎvaš.]
npl -vash or -vashes
1. (Peoples) a Turkic ethnic people living chiefly in the middle Volga region of Russia
2. (Languages) the language of this people, generally classed within the Turkic branch of the Altaic family
n., pl. Chu•vash•es, Chu•va•shi (tʃuˈvɑ ʃi)
(esp. collectively) Chu•vash for 1.
1. a member of a people of the middle Volga River basin in the Russian Federation, living mainly in the Chuvash Autonomous Republic.
2. the language of the Chuvash, affiliated with Turkic.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Chuvash - a member of a people of Turkic speech living in the Volga region in eastern Russia|
Turki - any member of the peoples speaking a Turkic language
|2.||Chuvash - the Turkic language spoken by the Chuvash|