Cleveland(redirected from Cleveland, Ohio)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of northeast Ohio on Lake Erie. A port of entry and industrial center, the city was laid out in 1796 by Moses Cleaveland (1754-1806).
1. (Placename) a former county of NE England formed in 1974 from parts of E Durham and N Yorkshire; replaced in 1996 by the unitary authorities of Hartlepool (Durham), Stockton-on-Tees (Durham), Middlesbrough (North Yorkshire) and Redcar and Cleveland (North Yorkshire)
2. (Placename) a port in NE Ohio, on Lake Erie: major heavy industries. Pop: 461 324 (2003 est)
3. (Placename) a hilly region of NE England, extending from the Cleveland Hills to the River Tees
(Biography) Stephen Grover. 1837–1908, US Democratic politician; the 22nd and 24th president of the US (1885–89; 1893–97)
1. (Stephen) Grover, 1837–1908, 22nd and 24th president of the U.S. 1885–89, 1893–97.
2. a port in NE Ohio, on Lake Erie. 498,246.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Cleveland - the largest city in Ohio; located in northeastern Ohio on Lake Erie; a major Great Lakes port|
|2.||Cleveland - 22nd and 24th President of the United States (1837-1908)|