Olsztyn(redirected from Coat of Arms of Olsztyn)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
A city of northern Poland southeast of Gdańsk. Founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1348, it was ceded to Poland in 1466 and to Prussia in 1772. It reverted to Poland in 1945.
(Placename) a town in NE Poland: founded in 1334 by the Teutonic Knights; communications centre. Pop: 176 000 (2005 est)
a city in NE Poland. 739,000.