joystick(redirected from Computer Joystick)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The control stick of an aircraft.
2. A manual control or cursor device, as one attached to a computer or video game.
[Perhaps from slang, penis.]
1. (General Engineering) informal the control stick of an aircraft or of any of various machines
2. (Computer Science) computing a lever by means of which the display on a screen may be controlled, used esp for games, flight simulators, etc
1. Informal. the control stick of an airplane, tank, or other vehicle.
2. a lever used to control the movement of a cursor or other graphic element, as in a video game.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||joystick - a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane|
lever - a rigid bar pivoted about a fulcrum
|2.||joystick - a manual control consisting of a vertical handle that can move freely in two directions; used as an input device to computers or to devices controlled by computers|
controller, control - a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine; "the speed controller on his turntable was not working properly"; "I turned the controls over to her"
cần điều khiển