consanguinity(redirected from Consanguinity chart)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to Consanguinity chart: Degrees of consanguinity
n. pl. con·san·guin·i·ties
1. Relationship by blood or by a common ancestor.
2. A close affinity or connection.
1. (Anthropology & Ethnology) relationship by blood; kinship
2. close affinity or connection
3. (Geological Science) geology (of igneous rocks) similarity of origin, as shown by common mineral and chemical compositions and often texture
[C14: see con-, sanguine]
ˌconsanˈguineous, conˈsanguine adj
con•san•guin•i•ty(ˌkɒn sæŋˈgwɪn ɪ ti)
1. relationship by descent from a common ancestor; kinship (disting. from affinity).
2. close relationship or connection.
[1350–1400; Middle English (< Anglo-French) < Latin]
blood relationship. Cf. affinity.See also: Relationship
The state of being related to another person by blood or through a shared ancestor.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||consanguinity - (anthropology) related by blood|
anthropology - the social science that studies the origins and social relationships of human beings
family relationship, kinship, relationship - (anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption
affinity - (anthropology) kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship