References in periodicals archive ?
variations and permutations that a cybersquatter may secure.
In URDP, the burden is on the alleged cybersquatter to disprove the allegations against it.
To foil a cybersquatter under ACPA, a trademark owner must prove: 1) the cybersquatter had a bad faith intent to profit from the trademark; 2) the trademark was distinctive at the time the domain name was first registered; 3) the domain name is identical or confusingly similar to the trademark; and 4) the trademark qualifies for protection under the federal trademark laws.
Recovering one from a cybersquatter costs much more.
competitor, local broker or merely a cybersquatter looking to ransom a URL for cash) owns the most obvious choice for a Web address.
Of course, the cybersquatter typically demands far more money than the modest few dollars it can cost to register an original domain name.
Singer Madonna was infuriated when a cybersquatter used the website madonna.
The guide also includes information on the legal status of domain names as "property," the clash between trademark rights and free-speech rights, and the remedies a trademark owner has against an alleged cybersquatter.
The most general definition of a cybersquatter is a person who registers a domain name that matches a well-known company for the purpose of ransoming it to that company.
It didn't take a wizard to figure out that more than 100 domain names containing the words "Harry Potter" wouldn't stay long in the hands of an alleged cybersquatter after media giant Time Warner complained to Internet authorities.
Two Chanel-derived domain names were returned to Chanel after the company won a lawsuit against cybersquatter Estco Technology, Bethesda, MD.
If a cybersquatter beats them to it, buying the name back can be costly.
Dictionary browser ?
- cyber mosque
- cycad family
- Cycas circinalis
- Cycas revoluta
Full browser ?
- Cyberspace and Information Operations Study Center
- Cyberspace Association of US Submariners
- Cyberspace Cyberpet Cyber Rescue
- Cyberspace Description Format
- Cyberspace Electronic Security Act
- Cyberspace Geography Visualization
- Cyberspace Infrastructure Planning System
- Cyberspace Law Journal
- Cyberspace Leveraged Intelligent Agent
- cyberspace operations
- cyberspace operations lexicon
- Cyberspace Policy Center for Asia-Pacific
- Cyberspace Product Reviews
- Cyberspace Relationship
- Cyberspace Research and Education Center
- Cyberspace Safety and Security
- Cyberspace Snow and Avalanche Center
- cyberspace superiority
- Cyberspace Wrestling Federation
- Cyberspatial Reality Advancement Movement
- Cybertech Networks Pvt. Ltd.
- Cybertimes of Long Island
- Cybertron Alliance Universe
- Cybertron Army