ogee(redirected from Cyma curve)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Cyma curve: cyma recta molding
1. A double curve with the shape of an elongated S.
2. A molding having the profile of an S-shaped curve.
3. An arch formed by two symmetrical double curves meeting at a point. Also called ogee arch.
[Middle English oggifs, ogeus, pl. of ogif, ogive; see ogive.]
1. (Architecture) Also called: talon a moulding having a cross section in the form of a letter S
2. (Architecture) short for ogee arch
[C15: probably variant of ogive]
o•gee(oʊˈdʒi, ˈoʊ dʒi)
1. a double curve, resembling an S, formed by the union of a concave and a convex line.
2. a molding with such a curve for a profile; cyma.
3. ogee arch.
[1275–1325; Middle English ogeus, oggez, oggif diagonal rib of a vault < Anglo-French, Old French ogive ogive]