Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Cyp·ri·ot(sĭp′rē-ət, -ŏt′) also Cyp·ri·ote (-ōt′, -ət)
1. A native or inhabitant of Cyprus. Also called Cyprian.
2. The ancient or modern Greek dialect of Cyprus.
1. Of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture.
2. Of or relating to Cypriot Greek.
[French cypriote, from Greek Kupriōtēs, from Kupros, Cyprus.]
1. (Peoples) a native, citizen, or inhabitant of Cyprus
2. (Languages) the dialect of Ancient or Modern Greek spoken in Cyprus
3. (Placename) denoting or relating to Cyprus, its inhabitants, or dialects
4. (Languages) denoting or relating to Cyprus, its inhabitants, or dialects
Cyp•ri•ot(ˈsɪp ri ət)
also Cyp•ri•ote(-ˌoʊt, -ət)
1. a native or inhabitant of Cyprus.
2. the Greek dialect of Cyprus.adj.
3. of Cyprus, its inhabitants, or their speech.
[1590–1600; < Greek Kypriṓtēs]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Cypriot - a native or inhabitant of Cyprus |
Cyprus - an island in the eastern Mediterranean
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|Adj.||1.||Cypriot - of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture; "Cypriot expatriates"; "Cypriote monasteries"|
người Sípthuộc nước/người Síp