deshabille(redirected from Déshabillé)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Variant of dishabille.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) the state of being partly or carelessly dressed
2. (Clothing & Fashion) archaic clothes worn in such a state
[C17: from French déshabillé undressed, from dés- dis-1 + habiller to dress; see habiliment]
dis•ha•bille(ˌdɪs əˈbil, -ˈbi)
1. the state of being carelessly or partially dressed.
2. Archaic. a loose morning dress; negligee.
3. a disorderly or disorganized state of mind or way of thinking.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||deshabille - the state of being carelessly or partially dressed|
condition, status - a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
shirtsleeves - not wearing a jacket; "in your shirtsleeves" means you are not wearing anything over your shirt; "in hot weather they dined in their shirtsleeves"