Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A native or inhabitant of Dalmatia.
b. A person of Dalmatian ancestry.
2. also dalmatian A dog of a breed that was introduced into England from Dalmatia in the eighteenth century, having a short, smooth white coat covered with black or dark brown spots. Also called carriage dog, coach dog.
Of or relating to Dalmatia or its inhabitants or culture.
1. (Breeds) Also called (esp formerly): carriage dog or coach dog a large breed of dog having a short smooth white coat with black or (in liver-spotted dalmatians) brown spots
2. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Dalmatia
(Peoples) of or relating to Dalmatia or its inhabitants
1. a native or inhabitant of Dalmatia.
2. one of a breed of medium-sized shorthaired dogs having a white coat marked with black or brown spots.
3. a Romance language of Dalmatia, extinct since the 19th century.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Dalmatia or its inhabitants.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Dalmatian - a native or inhabitant of Dalmatia|
Dalmatia - a historical region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea; mountainous with many islands
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||dalmatian - a large breed having a smooth white coat with black or brown spots; originated in Dalmatia|
Canis familiaris, dog, domestic dog - a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
liver-spotted dalmatian - a brown-spotted dalmatian
|Adj.||1.||Dalmatian - of or relating to Dalmatia or its inhabitants|