jitter(redirected from Dejitterizer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Dejitterizer: jittering
intr.v. jit·tered, jit·ter·ing, jit·ters
1. To be nervous or uneasy; fidget.
2. To make small quick jumpy movements: The pictures on the wall jitter whenever a truck drives by.
1. A jittering movement; a tic.
2. jitters A fit of nervousness. Often used with the.
a. An unwanted variation in an electronic or optical signal.
b. An unwanted variation in the arrival times of a sequence of data packets over a digital network.
[Perhaps alteration of chitter.]
(intr) to be anxious or nervous
1. the jitters nervousness and anxiety
2. (Electronics) electronics small rapid variations in the amplitude or timing of a waveform arising from fluctuations in the voltage supply, mechanical vibrations, etc
[C20: of unknown origin]
1. the act or the condition of a person or thing that jitters.
2. jitters, a feeling of fright or uneasiness (usu. prec. by the): to get the jitters in an empty house.
3. fluctuating movement, as in an image on a television screen.v.i.
4. to make a series of quick, shivering or jumping movements.
5. to behave nervously.
Past participle: jittered
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||jitter - small rapid variations in a waveform resulting from fluctuations in the voltage supply or mechanical vibrations or other sources|
|2.||jitter - a small irregular movement|