moonshine(redirected from Desi daroo)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
2. Informal Foolish talk or thought; nonsense.
3. Illegally distilled liquor, especially whiskey. Also called regionally white lightning.
intr.v. moon·shined, moon·shin·ing, moon·shines
To distill and sell liquor illegally.
1. (Astronomy) another word for moonlight1
2. (Brewing) US and Canadian illegally distilled or smuggled whisky or other spirit
3. foolish talk or thought
1. Informal. smuggled or illicitly distilled liquor, esp. illicitly distilled corn liquor.
2. empty or foolish talk, ideas, etc.; nonsense.
[1375–1425; late Middle English mone schyne]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||moonshine - the light of the Moon; "moonlight is the smuggler's enemy"; "the Moon was bright enough to read by"|
light, visible light, visible radiation - (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation; "the light was filtered through a soft glass window"
|2.||moonshine - whiskey illegally distilled from a corn mash|
|Verb||1.||moonshine - distill (alcohol) illegally; produce moonshine|
chemical science, chemistry - the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions
1. bootleg, poteen (Scot. and Irish), hooch or hootch (informal, chiefly U.S. & Canad.) a bottle of moonshine
2. nonsense, rubbish, pants (slang), trash, gas (informal), bunk (informal), hot air (informal), tosh (slang, chiefly Brit.), twaddle, tripe (informal), guff (slang), havers (Scot.), claptrap (informal), hogwash, blather, piffle (informal), blether, bosh (informal), stuff and nonsense, foolish talk, tarradiddle, bunkum or buncombe (chiefly U.S.) The story is pure moonshine.