References in periodicals archive ?
The police took to Twitter and said in Dhivehi, "Reports about police entering the Chief Justice's residence and that he was arrested is not true.
Maldives Maldivian Dhivehi, Presidential-parliamentary
Although defeated in the 2008 general elections, the ex-President who is recognized as the father of the Maldives, did not give up politics and continued to lead Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party until he finally decided to quit politics in 2010.
Gili Veshi, which translates as Gili Environment in the local Dhivehi language, will become the island's primary marine research facility and the central hub for all sustainability and conservation issues, as well as offering a host of new guest experiences.
Gnanadesikan presents readers with a comprehensive linguistic examination of Dhivehi, the language of the Maldives--its phonology, morphology, syntax, and unique orthography and its various features.
Pioneer Consulting has supervised the relocation of two shore-ends for the telecommunications service provider Dhivehi Raajjeyge Gulhun Plc (Dhiraagu) on its Dhiraagu undersea cable system (DSCS), the company said.
ISLAMABAD -- A four member senior writers' delegation of Maldivia led by President of the Dhivehi Language Academy (DLA) Ashraf Ali on Monday visited Pakistan Academy of Letters (PAL).
To rekindle the merry spirits this Christmas, Coco Bodu Hithi and Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu are channeling the state of 'Ufaa', a Dhivehi word that translates to 'Happiness'.
Of course, the lyrics are in the local Dhivehi language.
All focus groups were conducted in Dhivehi (local Maldivian language) and transcribed in the same language.
The President made this appeal in an address conveyed at the function held this evening, to mark Dhivehi Language Day, organized by Maldivian Writers Association Liyun therin ge Gulhun.
17) Darwin clarifies the usage of "atoll", a borrowing from the Dhivehi language of the Maldives: "As the reef of a lagoon-island generally supports many separate small islands, the word 'island', applied to the whole, is often the cause of confusion; hence I have invariably used in this volume the term 'atoll', which is the name given to these circular groups of coral islets by their inhabitants in the Indian Ocean, and is synonymous with 'lagoon-island'" (1842, page 2).
Dictionary browser ?
- dhobi itch
- Dhu al-Hijja
- Dhu al-Hijjah
- Dhu al-Qadah
- Dhu l-hijjah
- Dhu l-Qada
Full browser ?
- Dhimurru Land Management Aboriginal Corporation
- Dhionisios, Count Solomos
- Dhiravida Thelugar Munnetra Kazhagam
- Dhirubhai Ambani Developer Programme
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School
- Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City
- Dhivehi language
- Dhivehi Qaumee Party
- DHL Air Limited
- DHL Airways
- DHL Airways, Inc
- DHL Worldwide Express