documentary credit


Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to documentary credit: letter of credit, Documentary Collection
Translations

documentary credit

n (Fin) → Dokumentenakkreditiv nt
References in periodicals archive ?
The use of documentary credit also means that Lloyds Bank may be able to make payment early when goods have been shipped to a customer, so manufacturers and exporters do not have to wait for a customer to pay, providing capital to fund further operations.
It is hoped that this will set the same standards for demand guarantees as CDCSA has achieved for documentary credits.
O'Brien said: "The 2013 ISBP is an essential tool for day-to-day documentary credit operations, not only of importance to bankers but also to trading companies" he said.
6--Consent of the issuer or the designated person in assignment of revenues of the letter of credit in paragraphs (c) and (d) is of great importance in the domestic and international documentary credits.
HSBC (NYSE: HBC) India has issued the first RMB documentary credit in India for a Mumbai-based pharmaceutical company.
Algiers, 31 August: Corporate executives, customers of the Banque Ext rieure d 'Alg rie (External Bank of Algeria, BEA) on Monday expressed fears about the payment of imports through documentary credit (DC).
au) is the Australian government's export credit agency, providing Australian exporters and investors with direct loans, export finance guarantees, documentary credit finance and guarantees, political risk insurance, medium-term payment insurance, and other bonds and guarantees.
Unless otherwise stipulated, in a CIF sale connected to a documentary credit payment, for example, title would pass from the seller to the buyer when the seller presents to the bank an "order bill of lading" along with other documents stipulated in the credit.
The Disbursement Agent may then execute payments on the basis of the agreed documentary criteria applying a conventional documentary credit procedure.
This presentation of actual samples of trade documents allows the reader to visualize the elements of a documentary credit transaction.
Nanning Branch will mainly serve domestic and foreign-invested corporate customers, offering them a wide range of banking and financial solutions in Renminbi and foreign currencies, including customer deposits; short, medium, and long-term loans; bills acceptance and discounting; trading of government bonds, financial bonds and other securities (except equities); documentary credit and bank guarantees, remittance and settlement; and credit search and consulting services.
The modes of utilisation are murabaha financing, comprising 39 per cent, and multi bonds and documentary credit, comprising the remaining 61 per cent.