dag(redirected from Dollar Accountability Group)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. A lock of matted or dung-coated wool.
2. A hanging end or shred.
[Middle English dagge, shred.]
1. (Agriculture) short for daglock
2. rattle one's dags informal NZ to hurry up
vb, dags, dagging or dagged
(Agriculture) to cut the daglock away from (a sheep)
[C18: of obscure origin]
1. a character; eccentric
2. a person who is untidily dressed
3. a person with a good sense of humour
[back formation from daggy]
1. one of a series of decorative scallops or foliations along an edge of cloth.
2. matted wool.
[1350–1400; Middle English dagge]
Past participle: dagged
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dag - 10 grams|
|2.||dag - a flap along the edge of a garment; used in medieval clothing|
flap - any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely; "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
garment - an article of clothing; "garments of the finest silk"
noun (N.Z. informal) joker, comic, wag, wit, comedian, clown, kidder (informal), jester, humorist, prankster He does all these great impersonations - he's such a dag.