downside(redirected from Downside Risks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. The lower side or portion.
2. A disadvantageous aspect: an option with a downside as well as benefits.
3. A downward tendency, as in the price of a stock.
the disadvantageous aspect of a situation: the downside of twentieth-century living.
1. the lower or underneath side.
2. a downward trend, esp. in stock prices.
3. a discouraging or negative aspect.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||downside - a negative aspect of something that is generally positive; "there is a downside even to motherhood"|
side - an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect); "he was on the heavy side"; "he is on the purchasing side of the business"; "it brought out his better side"