dragline(redirected from Dragline excavator)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Dragline excavator: walking dragline
1. A line used for dragging.
2. A kind of dredging machine.
1. (Aeronautics) another word for dragrope2
2. (Mechanical Engineering) Also called: dragline crane or dragline excavator a power shovel that operates by being dragged by cables at the end of an arm or jib: used for quarrying, opencast mining, etc
1. a dragrope.
2. an excavating crane with a bucket dragged toward the machine by a cable.